question about cache_dir=False

ggeo
Hello , if i use cache_dir=False ,i deactivate the cache memory ,right?

And then, my program should run more slowly,right?

But i see that it has no difference in time.Maybe this is due to low memory consum from my program?

For example, i have memory consum  208Mbytes.

(i calculate memory consum using

mem_finish=drv.mem_get_info()
print("free   ","  total ")
print(mem_finish)
print("memory consum (bytes) = ",mem_finish[1]-mem_finish[0])

)

Is this right?

Thanks!

Re: question about cache_dir=False

Andreas Kloeckner
ggeo <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello , if i use cache_dir=False ,i deactivate the cache memory ,right?
>
> And then, my program should run more slowly,right?

No. You might see a slight delay for recompilation, but the overall
execution speed (especially on the device) should be the
same. Especially when nvcc is already in your OS cache, the
recompilation might be very quick for small programs.

Andreas

Re: question about cache_dir=False

ggeo
Ok, thank you.