Pycuda Device Detection

AlexG
Hello,

I have a question on the cuda capable device detection using pycuda.
Does the driver.Device.count() function detect each gpu on dual gpu cards
such as
the nvidia K2 or K80 cards as separate?, that is if I have one K2 card
installed
does the count() function return 2?
Also is there a device attribute that matches it with the other gpu(s) on
the same card?

Sorry if this is a trivial question, but I wasn't able to find a definitive
answer online, nor do
I have a dual gpu card available at the moment.

Best regards,
Alex

Re: Pycuda Device Detection

Andreas Kloeckner
AlexG <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question on the cuda capable device detection using pycuda.
> Does the driver.Device.count() function detect each gpu on dual gpu cards
> such as
> the nvidia K2 or K80 cards as separate?, that is if I have one K2 card
> installed
> does the count() function return 2?

Yes,

> Also is there a device attribute that matches it with the other gpu(s) on
> the same card?

You could probably reverse engineer that from the Bus ID. Although the
enumeration logic does not have documented behavior in this regard, I'd
expect them to enumerate at consecutive IDs.

Andreas