ImportError: libcurand.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file

ImportError: libcurand.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file

ggeo
Hello, I receive the above error when I try to run a pycuda code.

I use sabayon linux and this happened after an update at which it installed the cuda toolkit 5.5

I tried to install again pycuda through:

python configure.py --cuda-root=/opt/cuda/

At start ,it gives me WARNING: nvcc not in path

If I do nvcc in terminal it gives "nvcc fatal   : No input files specified; use option --help for more information
" ,but I can compile and run cu programs.

My ~/.bashrc:

export PATH=~/bin:$PATH
export PATH=/opt/cuda/bin:$PATH
export PATH=~/opt/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/cuda/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export CUDA_ROOT=/opt/cuda/bin

I had a similar thread http://pycuda.2962900.n2.nabble.com/nvcc-not-in-path-td7574709.html but it didn't help now.

(If I do echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH as root it doesn't return anything.)

Any help please?

Thank you!

Re: ImportError: libcurand.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file

Andreas Kloeckner
ggeo <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello, I receive the above error when I try to run a pycuda code.
>
> I use sabayon linux and this happened after an update at which it installed
> the cuda toolkit 5.5
>

> I tried to install again pycuda through:
>
> python configure.py --cuda-root=/opt/cuda/

Couple hints:

- You may want to delete siteconf.py. (or move it off to the side so you
  can look at things you may have customized)

- You may want to 'rm -Rf build'

python setup.py install

should then build a new pycuda for you.

HTH,
Andreas

Re: ImportError: libcurand.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file

ggeo
Hello, I did all these and when I try to run test_driver.py it gives me:

ExecError: error invoking 'nvcc --version': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pytools/prefork.py:53: ExecError

What should I do ?

Thanks

Re: ImportError: libcurand.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file

justin
On 25/11/13 16:16, ggeo wrote:

> Hello, I did all these and when I try to run test_driver.py it gives me:
>
> ExecError: error invoking 'nvcc --version': [Errno 2] No such file or
> directory
>
> /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pytools/prefork.py:53: ExecError
>
> What should I do ?
>
> Thanks
You should report this to sabayon directly.

Justin

ggeo <[hidden email]> writes:
> Hello, I did all these and when I try to run test_driver.py it gives me:
>
> ExecError: error invoking 'nvcc --version': [Errno 2] No such file or
> directory
>
> /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pytools/prefork.py:53: ExecError
>
> What should I do ?

Are you sure nvcc is on your $PATH when you try this?

Andreas

On 25/11/13 17:23, Andreas Kloeckner wrote:

> ggeo <[hidden email]> writes:
>> Hello, I did all these and when I try to run test_driver.py it gives me:
>>
>> ExecError: error invoking 'nvcc --version': [Errno 2] No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pytools/prefork.py:53: ExecError
>>
>> What should I do ?
>
> Are you sure nvcc is on your $PATH when you try this?
What does

echo $PATH

give you?

And why don't you use the pycuda package your distribution provides you?

Justin

Re: ImportError: libcurand.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file

ggeo
If I do echo $PATH as user :

/home/ggeo/opt/bin:/opt/cuda/bin:/home/ggeo/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.7.3:/usr/games/bin:/opt/cuda/bin:/opt/cuda/libnvvp

If I do echo $PATH as root:

/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

nvcc is in /opt/cuda/bin

Also, I noticed that after update I have :

Not matched:

I am searching at sabayon if I can find an answer.

RE: ImportError: libcurand.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file

ggeo
As I said ,

If I do echo $PATH as user :

/home/ggeo/opt/bin:/opt/cuda/bin:/home/ggeo/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.7.3:/usr/games/bin:/opt/cuda/bin:/opt/cuda/libnvvp

If I do echo $PATH as root:

/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

pycuda was not included as a package.

Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 08:28:32 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: ImportError: libcurand.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file

http://pycuda.2962900.n2.nabble.com/ImportError-libcurand-so-5-0-cannot-open-shared-object-file-tp7575214p7575220.html
To unsubscribe from ImportError: libcurand.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file, click here.
NAML

On 26/11/13 08:56, ggeo wrote:

> As I said ,
>

> If I do echo $PATH as user :
>
> /home/ggeo/opt/bin:/opt/cuda/bin:/home/ggeo/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.7.3:/usr/games/bin:/opt/cuda/bin:/opt/cuda/libnvvp
>

> If I do echo $PATH as root:
>
> /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
>

> pycuda was not included as a package.

The database lists it

https://packages.sabayon.org/show/pycuda,114563,sabayon-weekly,amd64,5,standard

Please check whether you altered the root PATH in .bash*. And if this is
all right, report to sabayon, as it is a problem with your system
paths/settings then.

Justin

RE: ImportError: libcurand.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file

ggeo
This post was updated on .
Yes,but it is just a library or something.It does not include the whole pycuda package.You have to manually download it.

When you say if I altered the root path in .bash* (although I didn't do anything) can you be more specific?

Thank you.
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 00:01:03 -0800
From: ml-node+s2962900n7575224h56@n2.nabble.com
To: ggeo1@windowslive.com

        On 26/11/13 08:56, ggeo wrote:

> As I said ,

> If I do echo $PATH as user :

> /home/ggeo/opt/bin:/opt/cuda/bin:/home/ggeo/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.7.3:/usr/games/bin:/opt/cuda/bin:/opt/cuda/libnvvp

> If I do echo $PATH as root:

> /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

> pycuda was not included as a package.

The database lists it

https://packages.sabayon.org/show/pycuda,114563,sabayon-weekly,amd64,5,standard

Please check whether you altered the root PATH in .bash*. And if this is

all right, report to sabayon, as it is a problem with your system

paths/settings then.

Justin

                http://pycuda.2962900.n2.nabble.com/ImportError-libcurand-so-5-0-cannot-open-shared-object-file-tp7575214p7575224.html

                To unsubscribe from ImportError: libcurand.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file, click here.

                NAML

On 26/11/13 09:11, ggeo wrote:
> Yes,but it is just a library or aomething.It does not include the whole
> pycuda package.You have to manually download it.

it is the full package
(https://packages.sabayon.org/show/pycuda,114563,sabayon-weekly,amd64,5,standard/content#package-widget-show-what).
What more do you expect?

> When you say if I altered the root path in .bash* (although I didn'y do
> anything) can you be more specific?Because I am not too familiar with this.

for example having PATH=... in your root's .bashrc/.bash_profile.

Justin

RE: ImportError: libcurand.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file

ggeo
Hmm...As I can see it says date '12/11/2013'.
Before a few months that I tried to install it ,it wasn't the full package.It had some library or driver.

Anyway , I installed it from the repository and now everything workd fine!

Thanks!

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 00:16:19 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]